Sunday 28 October 2012

4. Taking Things Slowly

*I'm really loving all the comments you guys! Thanku So much! x*

It had been two days since the awkward moment between Nicki and Drake and she was beginning to feel as though she was intruding. After packing all of her stuff up she got herself changed and headed to his room. It was almost 5pm and it was his day off so she knew he wouldn't be sleeping. Ever since that night she knew he'd been avoiding her so she felt like moving out was probably for the best especially because she didn't want to cause him any trouble. As she stood nervously at his door she played with the cuff on one of her sleeves, she knew she'd have to knock fairly loud because she could hear his TV playing on the other side of the door. Taking a deep, shaky breath she did just that.

"Yeah it's open."

She turned the handle and let herself in, not really knowing what to say or where to start.

"S'up Nic? You 'kay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine thanks, I was just comin' to tell you that I'mma head out soon. I've packed my stuff-"

"What?" Putting down his medical dictionary he stood up and walked over to her.

"I just feel like I'm intrudin' too much on your life and-"

"Nicki, c'mere." He sighed and led her over to the edge of the bed, sitting down first before she followed his lead. "It's my issue that I will sort out okay? I'm not abouta have you out on the streets 'cause of somethin' I need to deal with."

"Really?" She was still unsure about the whole situation as she shifted next to him.

"Nicki, I want you to stay." Carefully grabbing her hand he held it tight as he looked over her face. It was so perfect, from her eyes to her lips to her nose, everything about her was. There was silence for a few long seconds as they just looked at one another. It sounded amazingly corny but sometimes it was like they could talk to one another with just their eyes, which is what they were doing right now. She felt her breathing hitch slightly as he moved closer to her face. He was relieved when she didn't back away but instead moved in too as their lips connected lightly before both of them pulled away, stopping less than a centimetre apart they paused for a second and repeated the same action with a little more meaning this time. With his large hand still holding on to her small delicate fingers he applied more force into the kiss as she mirrored his movement. Pulling away for the second time he ran his spare hand over her flushed cheek.

"I wanna stay too." Her breathless whisper sent shivers over his body, knowing that he'd had that effect on her.

Just as he was about to answer her, his cell phone started ringing which made them both jump, looking at the caller, it was Ashley.

"I better take this."

"Y-yeah sure I'll just uhm, see you later." She cringed like crazy as she left his room. What the hell just happened? Did that even happen? The tingly sensation in her lips let her know that it wasn't a dream as she shut her door behind her. Laying on her bed she thought for a while about everything, as her thoughts got deeper she felt her eyes getting heavier and soon enough sleep took over.

*** Back In Drake's Room ***

"No Ashley, I already said no to that. I'on wanna go."

"Oh my God, come on Drake! Shit, this is like the third time you've bailed on us. The fuck is goin' on wit'chu?!"

"I can't. I gotta get everythin' sorted for when my Mom comes over tomorrow."

"Well if you didn't leave everythin' 'til the last minute you could've come out, get yo'self together Drake."

"Aight I will." He laughed a little, usually he would have been getting agitated but after what just happened with Nicki he was on a high. It felt so wrong because of her age but at the same time it felt so right, like, he'd never ever felt like this before.

"Drake?" Her voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Huh?'

"I was talking that whole time, weren't you even listening?"

"No sorry I missed it, say it again." He could hear her huffing but didn't really give a shit to be honest.

"What is wrong with-" She stopped suddenly before talking again more knowingly. "Oh my God, Drizzy got himself a girl didn't he?"

"No, no I didn't Ashley so stop with all that."

"You so have, it's totally obvious now! Thas why you keep bailin' on us and you always smilin' and shit and you been checkin' your phone every two minutes! So who's the lucky lady? Do I know her?"

"No. Now can we please talk 'bout somethin' else?"

"You mean I don't know her?"

"Ashely I'mma 'bouta hang up on yo' ass if you don't get off my phone. Go out and have fun!"

"Just so you know I'mma get to the bottom of this, you know how nosey I am." She laughed before turning serious. "Anyways you're right, I gotta go. Talk to yo' borin' ass later." Hanging up abruptly he shook his head. He loved her as a friend but sometimes she was so overbearing. He felt tired after just one short phone call with her.

A couple hours later he went to see Nicki again and after knocking on her door she answered looking kind of tired.

"Oh, sorry were you sleepin'?" He looked so cute when he was concerned is all she could think as he stood there.

"Yeah, but I needed wakin' up so thanks." she giggled shyly before talking again. "So...."

"yeah, so..."

"Listen I didn't mean to-"

"No Nicki please don't say anythin' just yet, lemme say what I have to say and then you can talk, 'kay?" She looked confused but nodded anyway as they headed downstairs to the lounge-room.

"Mkay, so what did you wanna say Drake?"

"I just wanna say that I been feelin' a typa way towards you for a while now. I didn' even know it until the other night, which explains why I acted so weird. And then just before, upstairs...." he trailed off as he tried to just say what he wanted. "What I'm really tryna say is I like you Nicki, a lot." He was staring intently at her face the whole time, trying to read her expression.

"I like you a lot too." Even though it was a super short sentence it held so much meaning, just the way she said it and how she looked at him when she spoke.

"Word?"

"Mhm." She nodded sweetly and raised one brow as he smiled big.

"Oh God, you got a nigga over here smilin' all goofy and shit." She burst out laughing straight away which eased the little tension that was present.

They talked for ages about how this would work and what would happen, of course within that serious discussion there was a lot of goofing around and laughing too. Now sitting on the same couch they were silent, just enjoying one another's company until Drake broke the silence.

"Oh, my Mom's comin' tomorrow so-"

"It's ok I can sleep here on the couch."

"Are you kidding you can't sleep on the couch at almost seven months pregnant! Don't be silly, Mom can have my room. I'll take the couch."

"You sure?"

"Positive, now whattya wanna eat?"

'Oh my God I thought you'd never ask! Whatever you want, I'mma go shower real quick."

"Aight, I'll shout you when it's done." After she left he sat back for a minute trying to process everything that had just happened. He actually just blurted out his feelings and she felt the same way. Honestly it was almost as they were together before this anyway, the way they were with each other, how they spoke to one another and most of all how they interacted physically. Not in that sense but just the fact that they were always close even if they were just stood in the kitchen together they'd be all up under each other, and watching TV on the couch she'd always fall asleep on him. They were more than comfortable in the presence of the other but now those feelings were out in the open. He knew something was going to go down tomorrow though. He'd told his Mom that he had a guest staying and that she was pregnant but she had no idea she was a sixteen year old patient he'd treated. Hopefully all went well, that and he prayed that Ashley didn't get all up in his business about his 'new girl'.

***

"I can't believe he blew me off again." Ashley was sat by herself in her apartment, she'd gone and bought a dress just for tonight hoping that Drake was going to be there, but once again he'd flaked out. "I needa find out who he's been seein' in his spare time." Chewing her lip she threw her shoes on and sent her friend a text to say she was on her way, she just had a little pit stop to make on the trip there.

***

After setting the food out he called Nicki down and looked at the time, it was already 10pm. He couldn't believe where the day had gone to.

"Mmm it smells so good, what is it?" He didn't answer as he just watched her walk in. She had him mesmerised in just a pair of pink pyjama pants with a matching top. Her hair was collected into a messy bun on her head and her face was makeup free. "Drake?"

"Oh, right, uhm it's some chicken pasta stuff." He smiled and took a seat as she did. "Actually, you wanna take them through there?"

"Sure." Smiling up at him they both grabbed their plates and settled on the couch that was directly in front of the fire with the flatscreen on the wall above it.

"Wait, how is that even fair?" He looked over at Nicki using her bump skilfully as a table. "I gotta stay hunched over on my knee." Shaking his head he continued to eat as she giggled next to him. They were still sat watching TV way after they'd finished eating and feeling Nicki moving next to him he looked at her. She had a hand on her stomach and an uncomfortable look on her face. "You okay?"

"Yeah, she's just kicking like, a lot." She laughed and moved her hand to where she felt the baby kicking again.

"Do you mind?" He put his hand towards her stomach to ask if he could feel and she immediately removed her own hands from her bump. He'd never asked to do this before, he felt weird about it. Which he was right to feel, some women understandably don't like for people to touch their bumps. That reason and the fact that it was another man's baby had him feeling a little apprehensive about asking.

"Of course not." Gently taking his hand she guided it to where the movement was and pressed his hand down firmly, keeping her hand resting on his. She watched his face as he smiled.

"Woah, it's so strange to think she's gon' be here in three months huh?"

"Yeah." She trailed off in thought. "Hopefully she'll turn around soon though, right?" She looked up at him worriedly and waited for an answer. He'd been to her last few scans with her and they'd been told that the baby hadn't turned yet and if she stayed that way then Nicki would probably have to have a caesarian but it was early days yet.

"Yeah, and if not there are things that can help to make her turn around so stop worryin', you'll just stress yourself out and then the baby will get distressed too."

"Yes Dr. Graham." Exposing her dimples she grinned at his dead face as she raked her newly manicured nails over the top of his hand and leant into him gently. Instinctively he wrapped the closest arm round her and held her tight as she snuggled in further and started to drift off to sleep. He knew he should have just woken her up and let her go to bed but honestly he couldn't be bothered either and everything right there and then was so comfortable to him he didn't particularly want to disturb the moment. Kissing the top of her head affectionately he lay his head back and let his eyes slowly close too.

*Ok I hope this was alright i just need to address some mistakes I made :/ in the first chapter I meant to say that Nicki was 16 weeks pregnant not 26 -.- My bad, and last chapter I meant to say "Only three more months" not four XD Anyways just to be clear Nicki is 6 and a half almost 7 months pregnant ^_^ Thanks so much for the comments on the last chapter!*

5 comments:

  1. Your story is literally perfect. I love it can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the good work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ashley bitch is gettin tooo comfortable i knew she was gonna be a problem from the start...post soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley has a crush on Drake as I can see. She should just find someone else cause she wont ever get him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY. They're official!!! Ugh, Ashley needs to mind her damn business. He's not interested in you. Go away. -_- I really hope she doesn't mess this up. I'm nervous about his mom staying over. :x hopefully she's not too freaked out about Nicki's age. Oh Gosh. This is getting good.

    Great Chapter! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashely needs to take a seat, Drake don't want u bew. Aw he felt the baby kick, they gettin all cute n stuff lol. I hope this doesn't end bad cuz her age and his is 6 years apart... Dang that jail time. Anyways wth is Ashely up to and who is this friend she called.

    ReplyDelete